Knights of the Immaculata
Kontakt: Zofia Szarska, 613 435 5840
The Knights of the Immaculata – MI (in Latin: Militia Immaculatae, meaning: the Army of the Immaculata) are a Marian – apostolic movement. It was founded by Saint Maximilian Kolbe in Rome 16 October 1917.
At St. Hyacinth’s Parish in Ottawa, the Association of the Militia of the Immaculata exists since December 2002. There are 45 knights from our parish registered in the Perpetual Books in Niepokalanow, Poland. Fr. Tomasz Krzesik, OMI, is spiritual guardian of our Knights.
The mission of the Knights of the Immaculata is:
- Taking care of the reconciliation of sinners
- Christian unity
- Holiness of all people through the Immaculate Mother of God.
Joining the Knights of the Immaculata can be done under the following conditions:
- Making a personal act of consecration to Immaculate Heart of Mary and truly becoming her tool
- Wearing the Miraculous Medal
- Registration in Perpetual Books in Niepokalanow.
Tips to reach the goal:
- Daily prayer to the Immaculate:
‘O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to Thee, and for those who do not have recourse to Thee, especially the enemies of the Church and the recommended to Thee. Amen’
- Personal devotion to our Immaculate Mother
- Dissemination of the Miraculous Medal.
“Gain the whole world…” is it possible? The world is you, your family and friends. We change the world by starting from ourselves, and our immediate family and friends. We strengthen our faith by prayer, formation, time spent together. In our everyday life we want to live God’s Word like the Immaculate One.